ADHD Parent Programme
Parenting your Child with ADHD/ADD
Our ADHD parent group is open to Camden parents/carers of children aged 5-12 years. This group is for children with a confirmed diagnosis of ADHD but if the child is on the waiting list to be assessed we will allow parents to attend from session 2.
Parents and professionals can self-refer by email: email@example.com
Brandon Centre offers a free 6 week parenting programme for Camden parents and carers of children and young people aged 5-12 years with a clinical diagnosis of ADHD.
The programme has been written and devised in line with NICE guidelines on the treatment for children with ADHD and incorporates the 123 Magic™ approach.
The group currently runs online only.
Sessions cover the following areas:
- Providing information on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Realistic expectations
- The 123 Magic™ approach to effective discipline for difficult behaviours
- Giving clear and calm instructions
- Developing schedules and routines
- Rewards and praise
- Building your child’s self-confidence
- Staying positive and looking after yourself
- A follow up session to share successes and receive advice on how to overcome struggles
- Time within sessions to meet other parents with children with ADHD and share stories and advice
How do I join the ADHD group?
If you are a parent or carer with a child aged 5-12 years old who has a clinical diagnosis of ADHD and you live in or are registered with a GP in Camden then please contact the team at family service email address below.
An overview of our ADHD parenting service can be found in the attached leaflet or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly for more information.