ADHD Parent Programme
Parenting your Child with ADHD/ADD
Brandon Centre offers a free 9 week parenting programme for Camden parents and carers of children and young people aged 5-12 years with a clinical diagnosis of ADHD/ADD.
The programme has been written and devised in line with NICE guidelines on the treatment for children with ADHD and incorporates the 123 Magic™ approach. The facilitator is licensed by ADDISS, the National Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service, and trained by Dr Tom Phelan, the founder of 123 Magic™ to run this part of the course.
The group runs on a Thursday morning for 2 hours.
Sessions cover the following areas:
- Providing information on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Realistic expectations
- The 123 Magic™ approach to effective discipline for difficult behaviours
- Giving clear and calm instructions
- Developing schedules and routines
- Rewards and praise
- Building your child’s self-confidence
- Staying positive and looking after yourself
- A follow up session to share successes and receive advice on how to overcome struggles
- Time within sessions to meet other parents with children with ADHD and share stories and advice
How do I join the ADHD/ADD group?
If you are a parent or carer with a child aged 5-12 years old who has a clinical diagnosis of ADHD/ADD and you live in or are registered with a GP in Camden then please contact either Dean Charlery the co-ordinator, or Moira Lamond the group facilitator Mon-Thurs on 020 7424 9935.
An overview of our ADHD/ADD parenting service can be found in the attached leaflet or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly for more information.