Families, Food & Feelings Parent Programme
The Families, Food & Feelings group is FREE for parents/carers of children aged 5-17 who live or are registered with a GP in Islington or Camden. The group aims to support parents/carers in encouraging their children to live happy, healthy lives. The facilitators provide strategies and insight to help parents/carers feel confident in:
- Having routines around mealtimes
- Setting boundaries around food
- Being a healthy role model
- Encouraging children to eat more fruit and vegetables
- Helping children to have a healthy relationship with food
- Strengthening the child-parent relationship
- Managing their child’s emotional eating
- Responding to challenging behaviour
- Setting boundaries around screen time
- Encouraging children to be active
- Meeting children’s emotional needs as they grow and develop
This is a very safe and supportive group for parents and caregivers. The group runs for 6 weeks, 4 times a year in various locations. This group is currently being delivered online. Parents/carers are able to refer by calling Brandon Centre’s Enhanced Healthy Living team on 020 7267 4792 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professionals can also refer, with consent, by sending a referral form to the email address above. Get in touch to find out details of upcoming groups.