Families, Food & Feelings Parent Programme
The Families, Food & Feelings group is FREE for parents who live or are registered with a GP in Islington or Camden. The group aims to support parents in encouraging their children to live happy, healthy lives. The facilitators provide strategies and insight to help parents feel confident in:
- Having routines around mealtimes
- Setting boundaries around food
- Being a healthy role model
- Encouraging children to eat more fruit and vegetables
- Helping children to have a healthy relationship with food
- Strengthening the child-parent relationship
- Managing their child’s emotional eating
- Responding to challenging behaviour
- Setting boundaries around screen time
- Encouraging children to be active
- Meeting children’s emotional needs as they grow and develop
This is a very safe and supportive group for parents and caregivers. The group runs for 6-8 weeks several times a year in various locations. Light refreshments provided. Parents are able to self-refer by calling Brandon Centre’s Enhanced Healthy Living team on 020 7267 4792 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professionals can also refer, with consent, by sending a referral form to the same email address. Get in touch to find out details of upcoming groups.