Brandon Centre and Your Information
Brandon Centre takes your privacy very seriously. We are registered with the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller and our registration number is Z7598448.
If you have any questions or concerns about your information, please contact our Data Protection Officer on email@example.com.
How Does Brandon Centre Collect my Information?
We will collect personal information about you directly when you;
- Complete the online referral form and email it to us
- Provide us with information during sessions with our staff
We will collect personal information about you indirectly when;
- A parent or carer completes the online referral form and emails it to us
- We communicate with your health or care provider
We will collect information about you automatically when you visit our website;
- Device information
- Location information
We use Google Analytics to collect this information to allow us to understand how our website is being used. This information is only used in a way which does not identify you. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
The information we collect will be stored on paper records or in electronic systems. The information includes Personal Data;
- basic details about you, such as address, date of birth, and family information as well as Sensitive Personal Data;
- notes and reports about your physical and mental health
- information about your sexual orientation or sexual life
- information about your home life
- notes of conversations we have had and actions we have taken such as giving prescriptions or telling you about services or support that is available
Data protection law allows Brandon Centre to collect, store, use and share your information because it is in the public interest and because we are delivering health and social care.
You have a right to object to us using your personal information.
How Does Brandon Centre Use my Information?
Brandon Centre will use your information in the following ways;
- To make initial contact with you and to contact you while we are supporting you
- The keep a record of conversations we have had and actions we have taken such as giving prescriptions
- To create a record of the ways we have supported you
- To respond to your requests to exercise your rights
- To make referrals with your knowledge
To undertake some of these activities, your information will be shared internally across our teams. We will work to ensure that only the right people have your information and that they are only given the information they need.
How Does Brandon Centre Share my Information?
Brandon Centre works hard to ensure that only the right people have your information and that they are only given the information they need.
Brandon Centre uses other companies to help us deliver some of our services such as;
We have contracts in place with these organisations that prevent them from using it in any other way that how we tell them to. These contracts also require them to maintain good standards of security to ensure your confidentiality.
Personal data will not be shared with organisations not related directly to our services without letting you know and giving you a chance to object (unless required by law – see below).
Will Brandon Centre Share without Asking Me?
Sometimes we will be required by law to share your information and will not always be able to discuss this with you directly.
Examples might be:
- Sharing with the police or tax authorities for the detection or prevention of crime
- Where it is in the wider public interest – to keep the public safe; for example, to control infectious diseases.
- To safeguard children or vulnerable adults
- Because the court has told us we must share
What are my Information Rights?
Data protection law provides you with a number of rights that Brandon Centre is committed to supporting you with;
Right to Access
You have the right to obtain:
- confirmation that your information is being used, stored or shared by Brandon Centre
- a copy of information held about you
- If you only require a particular part of your record, tell us and this can reduce the time it takes to provide it
- We will respond to your request within one month of receipt or will tell you when it might take longer.
- We are required to check your identity including the identity of someone making a request on your behalf
Right to Object
We collect, use, store and share your information because we are permitted to by law, but you do have a right to object to us doing this.
When we collect, use, store or share your information based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Our Data Protection Officer will be happy to speak with you about any concerns you have.
Right to Correction
If information about you is incorrect, you are entitled to request that we correct it.
There may be occasions, where we are required by law to maintain the original information – our Data Protection Officer will talk to you about this and you may request that the information is not used during this time
We will respond to your request within one month of receipt or will tell you when it might take longer.
You also have the right to make complaints and request investigations into the way your information is used. Please contact our Data Protection Officer or visit the link below for more information.
For more detailed information on your rights visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
Does Brandon Centre Use Profiling or Automated Decision Making?
No Brandon Centre does not undertake automatic profiling or automated decision making in relation to your information.
How Does Brandon Centre Protect My Information?
Brandon Centre are committed to ensuring the security and confidentiality of your information. There are a number of ways we do this;
- Staff receive regular training about protecting and using personal data
- Policies are in place for staff to follow and are regularly reviewed
- We check that only the minimum amount of data is shared or accessed
- We use controlled access to systems; this helps to ensure that the right people are accessing data – people with a ‘need to know’
- We use encrypted emails and storage which would make it difficult for someone to ‘intercept’ your information
- We report and manage incidents to make sure we learn from them and improve
- We put in place contracts that require providers and suppliers to protect your data as well
How Long Does Brandon Centre Store My Information?
Brandon Centre will retain / store your information in line with the guidance provided by the Department of Health.
We will soon be publishing a breakdown of the records and the length of time we keep each of them.
Updated June 2020