Contraception & Sexual Health
You said…..we did!
How we performed in May 2022
Positive comments you shared with us…
I always feel cared for and taken seriously here. Also everyone is so kind and open minded about everything it makes talking about awkward things a lot easier.
Whenever I spoke to people on the phone they were very empathetic and friendly. The nurse at my appointment (Mauro) was amazing. Very kind, patient and totally put me at ease.
The woman I spoke to (Katie) was lovely and made me feel very at ease given it was my first time. I had a comfortable appointment.
Our top 3 things to improve on
Continue to provide Brandon Centre Sexual Heath & Contraception Services to Young People appreciating reduced sessions in the month of June due to the transition of the Sexual Health contract on 1st July.
Continue to explain and communicate clearly to our Young People about the transition on 1st July of Brandon Sexual Health & contraception Services to Brook and CNWL from 1st July 2022.
Celebrate the 53 years Brandon Centre has provided Sexual Health Services to Young People in Camden & Islington. And celebrate us continuing to provide Brandon Centre Mental Health & Wellbeing Services to our Young People.
The changes we have made this month
- Implemented additional supportive screening for Monkeypox via phone and front door to support and offer assurance to our Young People. With the aim to reduce the spread of infectious diseases and signpost where required.
- Reviewed and communicated Brandon Centre Sexual Health service opening times for the month of June on websites, front door, over the phone and in person with young people.
- Continue to develop our special Brandon Centre: new privacy curtain rail in our small surgery room; new window blinds have been fitted in clinical and meeting rooms; kindly been donated a garden house for our developing mindful garden for our young people.
You can see more You said, we did updates in our archive…
We are delighted to share our lovely ‘You said, we did’ feedback from the CAMISH Annual Survey Feedback 2021. Enjoy the read!
Contraception & Sexual Health (aged under 25)
Brandon Centre provides free and confidential contraception and sexual health services to young women and men aged under 25. Young people come to us to get advice and information about safe sex, pregnancy, sexually-transmitted infections and/or to discuss their sexual and emotional relationships. We are happy to see young people who have not yet started to have sex, who may still have worries and concerns.
We supply a wide range of contraception and can do tests and give treatment for common sexually transmitted infections. Our doctors and nurses have special training in sexual health and contraception. However, you do not always need to see a doctor or nurse – you can just call the Centre to pick up free condoms or to talk to our specialist team in reception.
The CAMISH network confidentiality statement can be accessed here: www.camish.co.uk/confidentiality
What we offer
- Pregnancy testing, advice and referrals
- Emergency pill
- Contraception (e.g. pills, patches, coils, ring and implants)
- Check-ups and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Trichomonas Vaginalis, Syphilis, HIV)
- Sex and relationships information & support
- Signposting to other services
- Free condoms and C-Card
- Counselling, mental health and wellbeing support
- Vaccines for Hepatitis A & B.