Parenting your Child with ADHD/ADD
The Brandon Centre offers parenting programmes for parents and carers of children and young people aged 5-12 years with a clinical diagnosis of ADHD/ADD.
The programme has been written and devised in line with NICE guidelines on the treatment for children with ADHD and incorporates the 123 Magic™ approach. We are licensed by ADDISS, the National Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service, and trained by Dr Tom Phelan, the founder of 123 Magic™ to run this part of the course.
The course will start on 12th January 2017
Parenting your Child with ADHD:
Group for parents and carers of children and young people aged 5-12 years with a clinical diagnosis of ADHD/ADD
Sessions cover the following areas:
• Providing information on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
• Setting household rules.
• Developing and implementing schedules and routines.
• Preparing for school.
• Realistic expectations.
• Giving clear and calm instructions.
• Rewards and praise.
• Staying positive and looking after yourself.
• The 123 Magic™ approach to effective discipline.
An overview of our ADHD/ADD parenting service can be found in this information leaflet.